PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50nl KK 3bet pot vs rec, get reraised on turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50nl KK 3bet pot vs rec, get reraised on turn

Hi PSO,

vs recreational player

54/31 14 hands no f3bet so far or AF

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($7.86)
    Hero (SB) ($50.75)
    BB ($54.84)
    UTG ($22.66)
    MP ($68.24)
    CO ($32.18)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
    1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, MP calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 3, 7, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5.75, MP calls $5.75

Turn: ($22) 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $10.50, MP raises to $23.50, Hero...

So pretty much I am blind with the only info that he seems recreational and pretty loose.

I think sets play this way as well as 56s,A5s but since he seems raising preflop rather than limping he could play some pairs + flush draws aggressive as well, or BD clubs?

Thanks

I think this is just a fold ott.

Comment

Superugly spots recreational players put you in from time to time. Generally I don't like to fold overpairs to them in 3-bet pots too much as they will be the most likey player types to flat a lot of garbage pre and then try weird moves with those, semibluffing with 55/56/BDclubs or even categorize playing 99 for value here.

A fold seems standard against most tighter players though so it's a very close call and I would make it dependent on stuff like my impression of him (stats, timing, sizings).
      Live Trainer

Comment

Hi xflixx, thanks for your review,

If we decide to go with our hand, do you shove on the turn or just call even if we are going to be committed on the river?

Comment

Originally posted by CaRLoS_DZ87 View Post
          Hi xflixx, thanks for your review,

If we decide to go with our hand, do you shove on the turn or just call even if we are going to be committed on the river?
          I guess shoving would be best as I don't really expect too many bluffs for such a tiny rest OTR and he should be happy to call off w/ any OESDs or BDFDs he might have turned.
          Live Trainer

Comment

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com saw flop | saw showdown Button ($7.86) Hero (SB) ($50.75) BB ($54.84) UTG ($22.66) MP ($68.24) CO ($32.18) Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K 1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, MP calls $3.50 Flop: ($10.50) 3, 7, 2 (2 players) Hero bets $5.75, MP calls $5.75 Turn: ($22) 4 (2 players) Hero bets $10.50, MP raises to $23.50, Hero calls $13 River: ($69) 2 (2 players) Hero checks, MP bets $26.50, Hero calls $16.50 (All-In) Total pot: $102 | Rake: $2.50 Results below:

Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and twos). MP had 7, A (two pair, sevens and twos). Outcome: Hero won $99.50[/spoiler] Something felt off on this hand, probably that villain took a bit of time to reraise when recreational players normally insta-reraise or cr when they are sure about their hand, should have just shove turn, thanks xflixx, birdayy.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.