PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - second best 2 pair vs a 3rd barrel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - second best 2 pair vs a 3rd barrel

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. UTG: $26.99 (269.9 bb) MP: $43.60 (436 bb) CO: $25 (250 bb) BTN: $19.08 (190.8 bb) Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb) BB: $20.21 (202.1 bb) Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q UTG raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30 Flop: ($1.32) A K 6 (3 players) Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BB folds Turn: ($2.92) Q (2 players) Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20 River: ($5.32) 5 (2 players) Hero checks, UTG bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50 Results:

$10.32 pot ($0.46 rake) Final Board: A K 6 Q 5 UTG showed K A and won $9.86 ($4.94 net) Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$4.92 net) [/spoiler] 39/21/4 and has 31% pfr UTG. I think I should have 3b this for value as he calls 46% of his hands vs a 3bet and is so wide, but this is my standard line against an utg open when Im in blinds with AQ. Flop cbet 45%, turn of 33%. I'm pretty happy with this flop and opt to check-call flop and turn and evaluate river, allowing him to bet worse aces and flush draws. I was going to fold to a 3rd barrel unimproved but hitting 2 pair on turn I wasnt quite sure what to do on river, the whole time I was thinking he has AK, right now only hand I beat I can think of is some random bluff like JT with a heart. I felt my hand was too strong to fold at the time because his utg open is so wide but now thinking over it villain will have such a strong value range here like AA, KK, QQ AK, 66 and flopped flushes I think maybe I should have folded.

Hand is wp.

Comment

You already discussed preflop yourelf and I agree with that, both options are fine ofc. You just have to evaluate which is better according to villain or your average villain'S tendencies at the stakes.

Although my first instinct was to just say "nh, wp" I must admit that given he fires into a multiway pot 3 times I find it hard to believe we beat much except for a complete bluff. Since we hold the NFD ourselves there aren't many more combos he could be bluffing with, especially when it is kind of obvious your most likely holding is Ax.

A6s/A5s could be in his OR range with that high of an UTG PFR, but for the same arguement he can end up having a ton of better hands on this textured board. I guess there are some arguments to make a tight fold here despite the price we are given.

Board: AhKh6hQs5d

MP2 83.33% 76.67% 6.67% { KK+, 66, AQs+, A6s-A5s, JTs, Jh9h, Th9h, Th8h, 9h8h, 9h7h, 8h7h, AQo+ }
      MP3 16.67% 10.00% 6.67% { AcQh }
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.