PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - facing flop reraise with top 2, drawy board.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - facing flop reraise with top 2, drawy board.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (MP): $10 (100 bb) CO: $12.22 (122.2 bb) BTN: $20.65 (206.5 bb) SB: $10.89 (108.9 bb) BB: $10.92 (109.2 bb) Preflop: Hero is MP with J 9 Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds Flop: ($1) J 5 9 (3 players) SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $2, SB folds, Hero raises to $5.60, CO raises to $11.92, Hero calls $4.10 and is all-in Turn: ($20.40) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in) River: ($20.40) K (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$20.40 pot ($0.92 rake) Final Board: J 5 9 5 K Hero showed J 9 and lost (-$10 net) CO showed A T and won $19.48 ($9.48 net) SB mucked and lost (-$0.30 net) [/spoiler] Villain 30/21/5 over 50 hands, AF of 5.0 no reads. I am not sure if I should flat the re raise here or put in my 3bet. I block JJ and 99, so most likely if he has me beat he has 55, but I do think he will reraise with a lot of draws here like QT and flush draws. What is the best line here? Is flatting better? I size my 3bet to be small enough so he can shove his draws, if I only flat I think there is a chance he can check back on the turn to see free card. I wasn't really thinking this at the time, more that I would hate having to check-fold the turn to a club and maybe get bluffed off my hand if he had a straight draw.

Looks ok. I'd prefer clicking it back to ~$4-4.5 so we have more than a 1/2 pot shove on the turn.

Comment

I guess this is one of the better spots to 3-bet the flop as there are so many cards that can be tough to play with top two (any straghtening or flushing card). I think your size is fine although it offers many draws the correct price to call one.
      Live Trainer

Comment

I would prefer to jam over the villains 3bet. Making it $5.60 or $6.00 doesn't make sense with only 100bb as this commits us OTF and if he just calls then we are slamming the rest OTT. If you were deeper then I think this could be okay because we may not be committed. I LIKE TO GET IT IN HERE when he 3bets us to $2.00. Not enough room to do anything else IMO.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.