PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom TPTK vs x/r and shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom TPTK vs x/r and shove

villain unknown got to be right 26% full houses don't make sense, 7x either, what do you put him on? OESD and GS? TP type hands? Would you call?

Personally, I would call here, I have seen villains take this kind of line with KQ/KJ/KT and even hands like QT.

He limp/called, while it is possible we are behind, I think with TPTK we are ahead often enough to make the call.

Comment

I wouldn't call.

Here are the hands that make sense: 99,AKs,K9s+,K7s,97s,K9o,K7o,97o. Not sure if the villain would limp, X/R the big Kx combos (KQs, KJs, KTs) but considering he limped pre and isn't sitting with a full stack, he's not a strong player to start off with. I think calling this shove would be -EV in the long run.

Once you take out the big Kx combos 99 and AKs (all hands that you would assume he'd raise pre instead of limping) you're still way behind the limp range of hands that he's representing: K9s,K7s,97s,K9o,K7o,97o

I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Comment

dayum I really forgot the K9

Comment

I think I take back my original post.

I didn't note the size of the shove properly. I actually folded AK in a similar spot earlier, roughly the same SPR, so not sure why I said what I said in original post aside from not taking not of stack size.

Comment

well we have to call 1.70 to win around 5.20 so I think you have to call here just incase he is spazzing with 8T or a weaker king. Personally I would have checked this turn because villain stack is now quite shallow and if you bet I think you need to be prepared to call a shove, check minraises are usually quite strong he could easily have 77, 99, K9, 79 and possibly 8T as semi-bluff. He looks quite fishy limp-calling so I can also see him being dumb with random 7X, KX and 9X hands here. If he proceed to check river then I would have value bet it.

Comment

NH!

I would not fold given stacksizes and price/odds with TPTK. We are at the very top of our range here and villain can just be sticking it in with some worse top pairs or even draws like JT/T8 in hopes of representing the 7.
              Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.