PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10-SH 3b shoving Nutflush draw+overcards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10-SH 3b shoving Nutflush draw+overcards

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $19.43 (194.3 bb) SB: $31.37 (313.7 bb) BB: $10 (100 bb) UTG: $28.96 (289.6 bb) MP: $27.16 (271.6 bb) Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 A UTG raises to $0.30, MP folds, Hero calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds Flop: ($1.12) 4 7 2 (3 players) SB bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $9.68 and is all-in, SB folds, UTG calls $7.88 Turn: ($20.98) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in) River: ($20.98) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$20.98 pot ($0.94 rake) Final Board: 4 7 2 2 9 SB mucked and lost (-$0.82 net) UTG showed K K and lost (-$10 net) Hero showed 9 A and won $20.04 ($10.04 net) [/spoiler] UTG is decent reg, no read on the donker. On the turn and river I will have to fold a lot if I flat and I won't be too comfortable calling a 3rd barrel if I turn an ace, stacks are quickly becoming shallow so I shove with a heap of equity against everything but sets. Played ok?

Call pre is very marginal. I'd prefer folding pre given we are 100bb effective.

I don't really see any need to 3b shove the flop. I'd prefer calling because i'd like to keep the SB in with dominated flush draws.

Getting it in isn't terrible though. We likely have a lot of equity if we assume we have a FD + an over. I just think we'd get more value if we see the turn 3 way.

Comment

I think birdayy makes good points there. The SB donk bets the flop and UTG now raises so his hands will probably look like overcards and sets more often than not so we actually don't have fold equity here and against TT+, 77, 44, 22 we have 40% equity. Also there is the SB to consider, what sort of hands would they donk bet this flop with? Weak TP hands? FDs? sets?

Comment

Not quite sure what SB has but given we already have a flush draw his chances of a flush are much less and his range will be much wider, I don't have much of a read on him. probably 7x, sets, overcards, flush draws. If SB has a very weak range does this make us more inclined to shove?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.