PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6 max Zoom with AA - alternative line taken pre-flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6 max Zoom with AA - alternative line taken pre-flop

So, I've decided to finish off the end of the month with some 10NL, and played a little session this morning. At 10NL, villains are sadly less willing to stack off with their random nonsense than their 2NL cousins, so because of the dynamic I felt (Dont have a lot of stats at 10NL yet) might play out here I wanted to play this a little differently. The hand played out a little different post-flop than what I was planning so it doesnt need any analysis at all. I just want to check if my plan for the hand was ok. Dealt AA UTG and make a standard raise, get a call and a reraise from a short stack, I decided to call instead of 4bet as I wanted to keep the other big stack in the hand. I am playing a little deeper with him and have him covered. If I take this line I know it might mean some difficult decisions post-flop including potentially folding the best hand sometimes. I flatted with the intention of letting the short stack go with his hand post-flop, as he should be stacking off fairly liberally here, I intended to just call, try and bring the other big stack along, with him either shoving to try and isolate, which I would call, or then committing on the turn in a big pot. Does this seem at all reasonable? I took it as an alternative line to my normal uber aggressive line, but I dont really consider it a slowplay as such, I just thought I would try and make some use of the shortstack in the hand. The big stack kind of ruined the plan but......

Three reasons why I'd 4bet: 1. the 3bet looks strong against UTG open + MP call so I expect them to get the money in a good amount of the time. 2. AA does not play well in a MW pot and more importantly 3. we are OOP to a deep stacker

Comment

So we are only ever playing this hand one way?

Comment

I say this is harder, because OOP. I think in position one could make an argument for flatting raise anyway. I think this line isnt bad, and yes, this is being results orientated, but i think unconventional is the way to go sometimes. Like few days ago i was playing tourney where i had maybe 25-30 BB stack and very aggro opener to my left, so i just open limp Aces and guess what, this guy raises, i 3bet, he 4bets, then i just flat and when he shoves flop i snap call and has no pair no draw. I mean vs specific villains you can do this and get creative with big pairs sometimes.

Comment

That's the thing, I openly accept that the way I planned to play this potentially makes it more difficult for myself, but I was willing to make the trade off between playing OOP and keeping both players in.

The next 99 times I play the hand it will be a 4bet and likely stack off when shortie shoves.

Guess I just got too inventive here.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.