PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-Max Zoom - Thin value on river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-Max Zoom - Thin value on river

No reads. No stats. Thoughts?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...031_4056029E7D

Thinking bet bigger flop and turn and check back ugly river cards. As played, knew it should have been a river fold to the check-raise but I'm a giant calling station.

Here are my thoughts, raise larger preflop (3x minimum). You can make it 4x at the micros and villains will still call. OTF bet bigger almost pot. Board is wet and there are a lot of hands that will call. OTT bet a bit larger as well 3/4 or so should be nice. OTR I like the think value bet but once again I would bet 1/2 - 2/3 pot on the river and fold to a raise.

Comment

Hey folkstix,

dirt eh already put some good stuff out there, can't add much more.

Since the board texture allows for so many hands like top pairs, pairs + draws etc. you can really size it nice and big here, same applies for the turn.

OTR I feel like there may be an argument for betting against a weaker player, not against an unknown Zoom player though. They might end up folding worse and only calling/raising better too much.

As played I'd fold to the river check/raise, he will almost always show you a straight at least in that spot after taking that strong of a line.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks again, guys! Sounds like we're on the same page here.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.