PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL SH ZOOM - Flop Play Slam Dunk Call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL SH ZOOM - Flop Play Slam Dunk Call?

Villain (509):13/8/1.6 TOT Steal: 9 (on 110 samples) TOT Fold to 3Bet: 14 (7 samples) Can this spot ever be a fold? Villain plays 13 from ALL POSITIONS and raises 8 from ALL POSITIONS as you can see from TOT steal of 9 and TOT pfr of 8. Please consider these stats as well as Fold to 3Bet being 14. Thanks,
    Last edited by dirt eh; Fri Feb 21, 2014, 04:22 AM.

My vote goes to : call

Comment

if he set mined then the hand he most likely has here is a 77. he is in position and stacks are deep so thats a very real possibility. the other hands he could be doing this with are OPs QQ+ and KQd. my best guess is its a set or KK/AA though. very rarely its a 45s. i did run into a 56s once with my KK 4bet. he flopped the nut straight and stacked me OTF. at least you have the backdoor flush draw and 2 outs if its a set. on top of that the board looks wet a lot of draws can shove on it. i lean towards calling here even if villain is a reg. its a snap call vs a fish.

Comment

Villain does seem very tight and will probably have a solid range here to shove this flop. It is ufortunate that we are blocking nutflushdraw combos but I do expect him to have slowplayed AA/KK/QQ here quite often and he could also be playing 66 this way besides all sets.

Even against a tight range calling seems absolutely +EV here when I plug these ranges into pokerstove:

58.36% AdAh
        41.64% KK-QQ, 77, 55-44
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.