PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling with Overpair in 3 Bet Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling with Overpair in 3 Bet Pot

I had no reads on villain as early in session. Frustrating hand & without reads would you find the fold button by river?

It's 2014. 4b/call.

Comment

Preflop you could of course make life easy and play 4-bet/call but I actually think that you may be getting it in as a bigger dog in your average micro- or even smallstakes game this way. I find that the average opponent is not shoving worse than QQ+,AK against a 4-bet unless you have/create some history or have specific reads - also considering it's CO vs Blinds isntead of BU vs Blinds/BvsB spot where I would expect more of that kind of preflop action.

Therefore I like your line pre and I would also call flop + turn mostly. It becomes very interesting OTR as I feel that here the average micro/smallstakes player will be reluctant to bluffshove because of the dry board runout. He may fire with bluffs/worse OTF and OTT so I like calling here and folding to a rivershove that is around halfpot where he shouldn't expect you to fold too many hands anymore.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.