PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fold turn w/ 16 outs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fold turn w/ 16 outs?

no info, reg table, though i have 16 outs its only 32% on turn... and to call his overjam i need 55%... so would u call that turn?

depending what u think he has u would have more outs then that... if they had aces it would be nearlly a flip, however it would still be a -ev play to call

Comment

To call you need:
      total money in the pot: 1.10+1.53+1.53 = 4.16
      to call: 1.53
      pot odds: 1.53/4.16 = 37%

One possibility to his range:{88+,KQs , Q9s, AhQh+},
      where you have 47% to win and so calling is ok.

If he is tight player who doesent like his nut flush draws, you need to fold.
      Last edited by fadmin; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

You actually need 36.78% equity to make the call not 55% like braveslice calculated.
        Why are we donk betting the flop against two opponent with MP? Is this a value bet? Can we get called by worse? Is this a bluff bet? Can we fold out better? Not all clubs are clean out because sets are in their range and a club that pairs the board is going to win him the hand when they have a set. Since clubs are the highest number of outs here then that fact alone should have us fold their turn over shove.

Comment

I did not calculate 55 36.78 is rounded to 37%
          Last edited by fadmin; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geoVARTA View Post
            You actually need 36.78% equity to make the call not 55% like braveslice calculated.
            Why are we donk betting the flop against two opponent with MP? Is this a value bet? Can we get called by worse? Is this a bluff bet? Can we fold out better? Not all clubs are clean out because sets are in their range and a club that pairs the board is going to win him the hand when they have a set. Since clubs are the highest number of outs here then that fact alone should have us fold their turn over shove.
            i m not happy how i played it, should have just x-call flop... but since turn gave me outs i ended up calling though i knew i have like those 30% and need 55% ... not close enough :O , so this was very bad play i guess?

btw i donked flop to trying to be tricky if he just calls etc... cuz its so live flop , i couldnt know he haz big handz ... but still im so unhappy with how i played

Comment

no braveslice, you said 37% not 55%. NautroSasuki says 55% which is wrong you need 36.78% But yea I think I prefer x/c flop alot more because we actually don't want to get raised on the action flop.

Comment

no braveslice, you said 37% not 55%. NautroSasuki says 55% which is wrong you need 36.78% But yea I think I prefer x/c flop alot more because we actually don't want to get raised on the action flop.
                oh now i see, silly me i forgot to add 1.50 , so y 37%, so its nice call isnt it? now am happy with that so my outs vs set: , Q Q Q, 7 7 7 ---> 16 outs ---> 32% on turn btw is it so horrible to call w/ 32% when i need 37% or 35%? btw would u like reraise jam all-in by me on flop?

Comment

If we have 32% equity and we need 37% then we are probably -EV so yes its bad
                  and nope re-raise jamming will get the money in without fold equity; I think you are overestimating your equity here. Try to play around with PokerStove and Flopzilla and see against different ranges how our equity looks like its a good exercise away from the table! GL!

Comment

If we have 32% equity and we need 37% then we are probably -EV so yes its bad
                    and nope re-raise jamming will get the money in without fold equity; I think you are overestimating your equity here. Try to play around with PokerStove and Flopzilla and see against different ranges how our equity looks like its a good exercise away from the table! GL!
                    i know wut r my % against all handz, i just was curious if its good as semibluff,semijam u know? but y if i think about it i know im never ahead

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.