PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - 4bet bluff multiway sizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - 4bet bluff multiway sizing

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BB: $11.31 (113.1 bb) Hero (UTG): $17.18 (171.8 bb) MP: $36.97 (369.7 bb) CO: $17.81 (178.1 bb) BTN: $25.31 (253.1 bb) SB: $23.95 (239.5 bb) Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 9 Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO folds, BTN raises to $1.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds Results:

$3.77 pot Hero mucked 9 9 and won $3.77 ($2.15 net) [/spoiler] BU 3bet extremely wide and this was a great spot to squeeze. I know vs a single standard 3bet you should 4bet 21-23bb, how about in this case, is there a rule here? Especially because were are deep.

I don't know about 4betting here with 99 we are kind of turning our hand into a bluff against someone who you say is 3betting extremely wide; maybe calling is better against this particular opponent. But given the positions I think this will be optimistic when villain 3bets an UTG open. My standard line would be to fold.
    Size wise I'd go 2 x their bet + 0.3 for the extra person in the hand + 1bb for being OOP. so 3.6-3.8. But I think it doesn't matter too much because we are probably not balancing our 4bet range when we raise UTG and get 3bet right?

Comment

Fold > call >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4betting.

Comment

Typically I don't see calling viable here as we are check-folding so many flops and really cant withstand much pressure at all, but being deep I guess we could do an oop set farm but would prefer a tighter 3-bet range from villain or if he was just really aggressive. His bu 3bet% is 12%, and we can assume he will only continue with AK/KK/AA/QQ (I think he could conceivably fold AK/QQ given the strength I am showing + stack sizes)so I don't think 4bet/folding here is a mistake as we have a ton of fold equity.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.