PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6max - co 3bet QQ, Ace high flop, call by river 3 King board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6max - co 3bet QQ, Ace high flop, call by river 3 King board

Hi,

The note I made on the line:

co 3bet QQ, Ace high flop, call by river 3 King board

I was facing utg open and then call happy with such a small river bet.

1) It has to be an Ace, so why call?
    2) If not an Ace raise, for what value?

So guys is there a bet size read and would you go for more value and raise on the river?

And more importantly would you keep the initiative and bet on that flop in position as the 3bet hero?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 05:21 AM. Reason: bet flop

3betting is marginal. Really depends on the villain.

Otherwise I think you played it fine. Vs a big bet OTT there would be merits to folding, but with the pot odds we're getting calling is fine.

Calling river is also fine.

Comment

Yes against a very tight villain maybe not 3bet, I don't know. My position is key to raise and exclude any action behind. Then do I cbet flop and get x/r into who has an Ace levelling game?

We see the villain's cards here. But can we get away from any flop action, no I don't range very well and passively check behind. Then villain turn bets after I give up the initiative. So maybe an Ace or draw?

Think I got lucky with a cheap turn and river call down.

Comment

I like your flop play as there really is no value in a flop bet. We would only protect oursleves from getting bluffed but tbh I don't think someone starts bluffing all that often on an AK high board against a preflop 3-bettor anyway. That being said I think there is a good argument for folding turn here and not worry about it too much.
        Live Trainer

Comment

I like your play. Turn is a good bluff board given you check flop so your hand is underrepresented so I think calling isnt too bad, if I call here I would fold to any substantial river bet but ofc you gotta call the min bet. I dont think you made any big mistakes or anything,

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.