PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3BQQ in SB OOP deep stacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3BQQ in SB OOP deep stacks

Tough spot. I think a better line would be to check call the river or check turn bet river? Please help! Villain (131): 17/12/2.7
    Last edited by dirt eh; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 01:51 AM.

I disagree with x/calling river. I prefer betting because 10nl regs don't value bet thinly enough.

I would have played the hand pretty much the same tbh.

Comment

Same for me. Looks like JJ alot to me; It fits perfectly with their preflop cold call and flop, turn, river slow play line. We need to be good atleast 29% to make the river call. Readless I think its a good fold. I'm probably betting slightly bigger though on each street in which I'm committing myself to the pot

Comment

I also see the villain having JJ or even 99 here.

What about checking the turn for pot control?

Just thinking that I could have taken a pot control line...
        Instead of B,B,BF

B,X,B if villain checks turn
        B,XC,XF if villain bets turn and river

On the turn the best scenario that I can hope for is that he's calling with a Jx combo (JT, QJ, KJ, AJ). I've also seen a lot of villains get married to 3B pots and end up taking a pocket pair too deep and then deciding that they need to turn TT into a bluff or they turn AJ into what they think is a value shove. I think it's rare in this spot but I've seen too many villains play 3B pots really really bad.

Comment

We actually are okay with their calling range that is why we bet 3 streets but get away to a raise

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.