PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 NL zoom TPTK on dry bd facing aggression in a 3-way pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 NL zoom TPTK on dry bd facing aggression in a 3-way pot

Villain 5: 33/33/0 (3 hands) Villain 7: 18/14/16.7 (23 hands) Flop: I think we must call villain 5's c-bet in this spot, as I can't imagine he would continue with any worse holdings should we raise (apart from maybe KQ). I'm somewhat puzzled by villain 7's flop raise. On such a dry board a value range is KJ, JJ, 55, maybe AK. But the thing is that value range is very narrow and the villain may be the sort that overvalues one-pair hands. However, I don't like my call of the raise and would've like to see myself fold on the flop. Turn: Seems a straightforward fold. My question is would you play the hand differently on any of the streets? Cheers, Ibie

I would probable raise OTF.. (and fold to a 3bet)

Comment

Hi Ibie,

Personally preflop I would 3bet with AK. By calling in MP1, and with many other villains still left to act, you could be inviting others to call leading to a multiway flop which wouldn't be great for this hand. Readless, I would personally fold to the raise on the flop, and note (if villains see a showdown) what type of hand that villian like to raise with on flop and adjust from there.

Cheers,

Pullin

Comment

Hi Ibie_Broke, I think vs an unknown we could 3bet preflop for value. If you're a regular at these stakes and you see an unknown then probably they are recreational player and I would 3bet them for value. Against a TAG, calling an EP raise with AK is probably fine. As played, I like the flop call as opposed to raising because its unlikely we get called by alot worse. When the player behind us raises and the OR calls I think folding is probably the best option when we have little ways to improve on later streets. umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.