PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

230bb AA 4B Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 230bb AA 4B Pot

Villain (218): 14/11/0.7 with 8.1 3bet Wasn't sure about turn... Anyone play this any different?
    Last edited by dirt eh; Sun Feb 16, 2014, 02:48 AM.

Depending on the reads I have on a villain, I'm either going to four bet like you did and then see a flop, or after he three bets me, I'll shove. I think the call he made on the flop was very poor - ok, he had a back door flush draw, but even so, there's no way I'd be calling another bet with that flop. Once the jack comes, his equity improves and although I think he played the hand badly (or more or less) from start to finish, I can sort of see why he might call to see the river - since by then he's more or less committed / married to his hand. Unlucky, dude. :/

Edit : in his shoes, I would have called your 3x bet and folded to a flop bet. I wouldn't have three bet your utg raise with KQs unless I had a very specific read on someone (very unlikely).
    Last edited by Shodan388; Sun Feb 16, 2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Well played. Your sizing pre is good given we are deeper. Shoving pre over his 3b is terribad.

I like your flop sizing. I'd go maybe a $1 bigger on the turn so the river is a smaller shove relative to stacks but it's not a big deal.

River is a fistpump shove.

Comment

Hi dirt eh, I think you played this hand very well. Like your betsizes on each street, you could probably make it a bit bigger preflop as you are deep and OOP but apart from that there should be plenty of worse hands that can call you on each street here.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.