PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ oop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ oop

Maybe best play is shove preflop? But as played, is it a fold on turn? Villain 44/19 44 hands

I think you played it rather good. Not much else you could have done.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think you can improve that much on the way you played this. Making a bet on the turn to represent a flush (when you still have a draw), is probably minus EV, and would, I think, be a spewy play.

Comment

Bet bigger pre for value, IMO. Maybe 30 cents? I wouldn't 3-bet shove unless I had a read on BTN and was confident that villain would be loose enough to call with worse.

As played I'd probably check/call flop and re-evaluate on turn. If he fires a second barrel on the turn I'm folding. If he checks back flop I think we can pretty confidently put him on weaker pairs, Kx hands, draws or air. As played I think his hand looks like Ax or draws so I'm folding on the turn.

That's just me, though, and I may be way off base here so would love to hear some other people's thoughts.

I'm probably turning my hand face up played my way but not sure villain is even really thinking about our range to be honest.

Comment

I prefer x/calling flop with the Qd because we can peel some turns with a nut draw.

Comment

Hi eaSy,

Preflop 3b is good, shoving would be pretty bad unless you had a read the villain will monkey his stack off with smaller pairs. Your standard 3b gives him a chance ot make both calling and raising mistakes, shoving only allows him to make a calling mistake and makes it as hard as possible for him to make one.

On the flop I would just check/fold tbh... he's not folding his big ace hands to your bet, and he's not likely to call you with worse. If the flop goes check/check, then there's some merit to check/calling turn and expecting to showdown a winner when the river goes check/check (or we river the nut flush).
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
              I prefer x/calling flop with the Qd because we can peel some turns with a nut draw.
              x/c is reasonable too, but very dependent on the sizing he bets imo.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dave, or anyone else, do you think there's any merit to 3-betting a little bigger for value pre since we are OOP?

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.