PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AQo 2NL Zoom 4bet pot Stacking off on two tone Q high board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AQo 2NL Zoom 4bet pot Stacking off on two tone Q high board

Nice wordy title, gg bhoylegend. Have a decent sample on the villain, 146 hands, his 3bet is 13.2% over 50+ opportunities. So when I 4bet here it is with the expectation that I take the hand down there a lot of the time when he is light. However, he calls, and I get a two tone Q high flop which he leads out on. His aggression factor is 7. Pretty aggressive, so I think he can be doing this with a lot of hands including draws, pairs, two pair and sets. What line should I be taking on this flop? I had a note (Notecaddy (Blagged a free trial of it) rather than my own) that he plays his draws aggressively. I felt getting the money in on the flop was preferable. While there wasnt a lot of fold equity. I felt I was ahead at this point. Would calling, and going with my hand on perceived safe turns have been a better line?

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
    Would calling, and going with my hand on perceived safe turns have been a better line?
    no, because this implies that you're giving him fold equity and might fold on dangerous turns
    pot is too big relative to stacks and given your info on him you should be ahead here most times

wp

Comment

Against this type of player I think flatting pre IP might be better to have him screw around with worse hands unless you specifically feel like he will be happy to get it in with you very light.

As played I think getting the rest in over his big bet is good on this coordinated board as he may be calling off with all draws. On a dryer board I'd call and have him stick the rest in OTT.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks OBB, Felix. He turned up with A4d for the nut flush draw. I tend to think his post-flop play was fine but calling a 4bet with A4s, OOP, was really bad on his stack size. Pre-flop advice noted, thanks Felixumbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.