PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - 3bet pot with top pair, missed value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - 3bet pot with top pair, missed value

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. UTG: $6.48 (64.8 bb) MP: $16.60 (166 bb) CO: $25.53 (255.3 bb) Hero (BTN): $10.06 (100.6 bb) SB: $25.32 (253.2 bb) BB: $49.78 (497.8 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with J K 2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60 Flop: ($2.07) J 3 8 (2 players) CO checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1 Turn: ($4.07) 5 (2 players) CO checks, Hero checks River: ($4.07) 9 (2 players) CO checks, Hero checks Results:

$4.07 pot ($0.18 rake) Final Board: J 3 8 5 9 CO showed J T and lost (-$1.92 net) Hero showed J K and won $3.89 ($1.97 net) [/spoiler] Villain is 13/12/0 over 33 hands, no read. No idea what he called my 3bet with but I am worried about AJ and QQ mainly. When he checks river I think I have a clear value bet, how much should I make it? 1/2p? And ofc Im folding to a check raise. Maybe betting turn and checking river is better so he doesnt c/f missed draws on river.

Not to sure myself which two streets you should bet here for value, but once villains checks on the river its worth another value bet, half pot is fine imo.

Comment

I agree with almightybald here. I think we can go for two streets of value. Since the board is fairly safe with the low cards, I would lean toward checking the turn and betting about half pot on the river. If the board is more draw heavy, then I would often bet the turn and check the river.

GL

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.