PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - facing minreraise on turn with overpair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - facing minreraise on turn with overpair

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. MP: $25.89 (258.9 bb) Hero (CO): $10.63 (106.3 bb) BTN: $7.95 (79.5 bb) SB: $10 (100 bb) BB: $4.27 (42.7 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds Flop: ($0.75) 7 2 9 (2 players) Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50 Turn: ($1.75) 8 (2 players) Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $2, Hero calls $1 River: ($5.75) A (2 players) Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2 Results:

$9.75 pot ($0.44 rake) Final Board: 7 2 9 8 A Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$4.80 net) BTN showed 6 T and won $9.31 ($4.51 net) [/spoiler] This was badly played by me. Villain is fish, vpip 100 over 26 hands. Is this a fold on the turn, or call/cf river? I felt I should have fold turn, big problem of mine is I'm pretty undisciplined lol.

Hi pockettones

The raise on the turn looks strong and a lot of straights just got there. I would only call if I know the villain is capable of bluffing to push me off the pot. One thing to keep an eye on with players with high vpip is their aggressivenes. Many are loose-passive who only make aggressive moves when they have a strong hand. Against a loose passive villain I would normally fold the turn. Here against an apparent fish and no other read, calling the turn might be ok since you are getting good odds to call. The problem with calling the turn though is if we expect a new bet on the river. Even if a Q comes, we won't know if we are ahead or not. Here the river is a fold, especially with the ace.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.