PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom fold AA on A river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom fold AA on A river

Hey guys, played this hand today in a 2NL Zoom session, didn't have any reads on the villain from previous hands. I'm not really sure about my turn play, think the river fold was correct but would like to hear some input from others.

Nasty spot. Think you played it alright

Comment

I think you played this hand very well.

The turn is a nasty card for you, but I think your hand is too strong to check/give up. Check-calling is also undesirable on such a wet board, so I think continuing to bet for value against draws your opponent picked up is fine.

On the river there are so many hands that beat you, any Jx, any club. If he made a tiny river bet, I suppose you could call but he's made the river bet so huge that you are not going to be ahead often enough to make a profitable call, therefore I like the check intending to give up.

Comment

What about the theorem I can't remember what it is called. If a 4th suit comes and you are first to act go out and bet it. Villain will only call if he does have the club.

Comment

Found it clarkmeister's theorem

Comment

Sounds like a pretty bad theorem as if you have equity but no club, when you bet you are only going to get called by a club and lose money so really you should only do it as bluff when you check your hand and take it to showdown and sometimes win.

Comment

this theorem is not applicable here

Comment

Yes I know I re-read it. Only applicable if you haven't got a hand with showdown value.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.