PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6max zoom. Wrong line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6max zoom. Wrong line?

No info on villains (zoom..) Hero on BB with pre: CO bets 3.5BB, BTN calls. Called because I think this is a reasonable hand postflop in a 3handed pot. Flop: Hero checks CO-villain bets 70% pot. BTN folds Hero calls Turn : Hero: pots Villain: calls River: Hero shoves (less than pot) Villain calls with nuts and wins Was this a bad line? I believe he made an error calling my turnbet, wasn't he?

Hi rk,

The turn lead isn't really great at leveraging fold equity imo, if you really want to leverage FE on the turn check/jam is much better with your big draw... but this isn't a good spot for it. Villain is showing some solid strength betting big on the flop in a 3 way pot, and trying to get 2nl randoms to lay down strength is lighting money on fire.

When you lead the turn you're saying the J helped you, which doesn't make much sense unless you have KJ or JJ, and both of those you would probably check-raise.

Honestly, we've turned enough equity to check/call again, but I'd do that and just give up unimproved, rather than try and get the villain to lay down strength. If the turn goes check/check, then we can bluff the river sometimes.

I don't think his turn call was an error. He's getting implied odds of almost 5-1 with a 12 out draw, plus an ace may win for him if you've got a hand like KdTd. And he has position on the river. Call is fine imo.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.