PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL zoom 6max. 2nd pair facing river bet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL zoom 6max. 2nd pair facing river bet.

12/12/0 over 17 hands... Should I be 3B/folding against his stack? Although it's a small pots but it occur frequent enough to warrant some thoughts on such situation. Should I be calling most of the time here? Does he have more value range or bluff range here?
    Last edited by MaTaKazer; Fri Feb 14, 2014, 02:58 PM.

Given that most people barrel their draws again on the turn he will probably only get to the river with a couple of airballs and check back most of his showdownable hands. Therefore in general I wouldn't be calling here with my weaker Qx hands. There will be stronger ones and plenty of Ax which you can play the same way so bluffing shouldn't be too profitable for villain here.

If you suspect him to be a typical shortstack you can 3-bet pre but calling for the price you're given closing the action I feel is more favorable with a hand that can flop so well and is rather dominated by the hands that continue against a 3-bet.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.