PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom barreling question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom barreling question

villain unknown So we can probably get the villain off Jx, flush draws and gut shots and getting called only by Ax, or is it too optimistic? Is barreling here the best option and what do otr if it isn't?

Generally I don't think firing multiple barrel bluffs should be a big part of your strategy at 5NL.

There are two problems I see with firing multiple barrels here. You've got an unknown villain, so you've got no idea if he never folds or folds too much. Also he's calling your early position raise from the Small Blind, so he's likely got a stronger range than usual. Also this is a semi-wet flop, with a lot of cards that will have hit villain's calling range.

Having said that this flop also hits your range pretty hard and I like firing once and then giving up unless you spike your T. With this blank turn card, I don't see villain folding too often to another barrel, you'd likely have to be willing to fire three barrels to try and win the pot.

I'd just take the free river and give up if unimproved.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.