PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - Facing reraise turn with top set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - Facing reraise turn with top set.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. MP: $13.06 (130.6 bb) CO: $10 (100 bb) BTN: $2.46 (24.6 bb) SB: $13.70 (137 bb) BB: $8.96 (89.6 bb) Hero (UTG): $11.42 (114.2 bb) Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20 Flop: ($1.25) T 9 5 (4 players) BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP folds, CO calls $0.60, BB calls $0.60 Turn: ($3.05) K (3 players) BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40, BB raises to $3.40, Hero calls $2, CO folds River: ($11.25) 7 (2 players) BB bets $4.66 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.66 Results:

$20.57 pot ($0.93 rake) Final Board: T 9 5 K 7 BB showed Q J and won $19.64 ($10.68 net) Hero showed K K and lost (-$8.96 net) [/spoiler] No reads. I was strongly considering folding turn because I felt really sure he had QJ, and I felt it was optimistic this was a set over set scenario. Guess if I wanted to continue I should have just shoved.

Shove over turn raise.

Comment

I'd bet flop and turn bigger (which then commmits you).

Given the massive multiway action as played and the superstrong line I actually think that villain will very very often show up with QJ. We're blocking 2 pair with Kx and sets would have been more likely to give action on the flop. I'd call turn and seriously consider folding river unimproved.
      Live Trainer

Comment

yep the villain is yelling at u on the turn "i have it", n on the river he is screaming "i have jq"!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.