PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 6max Zoom - AA hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 6max Zoom - AA hand

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($5)
    Hero (SB) ($7.69)
    BB ($16.12)
    UTG ($18.55)
    MP ($2.92)
    CO ($12.03)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
    3 folds, Button raises $0.10, Hero raises $0.33, 1 fold, Button calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 5, K, 8 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.46, Button raises $0.92, Hero?

This hand is from NL5 6max Zoom.
    BU - VPIP: 14, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 166
    This is a very sticky situation on flop with an overpair and I want to ask what is the best line to play this AA hand after we get a raise on flop? Should we fold, raise or call OOP?

Hi ImStylo,

I would 3bet to atleast 0.35 or even 0.4; When we are OOP we want to 3bet bigger to make up for our positional disadvantage.

Villain seems to be playing a TAGish style so when they call the 3bet I think its unlikely that they would have KK because they would have 4bet preflop. I think they might 4bet AK sometimes too but they could also call IP. We block the NFD so its not possible for them to be raising with a hand like AsQs. The only hands that I see raise this flop with is AK, KsQs, 88, or a 76s for a loose 3bet call. Against that range we are basically flipping so getting the money in with AA in a 3bet pot seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.