PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - Facing 4bet from bu with QQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - Facing 4bet from bu with QQ

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BB: $10 (100 bb) UTG: $2.96 (29.6 bb) Hero (MP): $10.25 (102.5 bb) CO: $10.56 (105.6 bb) BTN: $11.47 (114.7 bb) SB: $12.76 (127.6 bb) Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q UTG raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, CO folds, BTN raises to $2.15, 2 folds, UTG raises to $2.96 and is all-in, Hero folds, BTN calls $0.81 Flop: ($6.67) 6 K J (2 players, 1 is all-in) Turn: ($6.67) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in) River: ($6.67) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$6.67 pot ($0.30 rake) Final Board: 6 K J Q 2 UTG showed 8 5 and lost (-$2.96 net) BTN showed A K and won $6.37 ($3.41 net) [/spoiler] UTG is a fish, no read on button. I feel his 4bet is very strong given I 3bet utg as mp, was this a nitty fold? Did the money already in pot warrant a call if I am up against a range of AA/KK/AK from bu?
    Last edited by pockettones; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 07:16 AM.

Without any specific reads I find it always tricky to 3-bet/fold a valuehand like QQ for 100bb stacksizes or less. People's 4-betting ranges include so many AK combos that we're going to give up on at least valuable equity here a lot. Since we should be ahead vs UTG a lot here and he puts extra deadmoney into the pot I would always go for that and stick it in here. Against a range of QQ+/AK you have 40% equity when called so it can never be too bad.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.