PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fold AK in 2NL vs. 4bet preflop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fold AK in 2NL vs. 4bet preflop?

there was times when all the time i called/pushed 100BB preflop in 2NL... i was against KK/AA... so i dont like to do so lol... but then again there are players like dis one.. so i dont know.... in zoom, where u have no reads on enemies... at least i didnt have on these ones ... is it bad to fold AK preflop here?

GL, hi!!

Comment

I would fold this all day long. Hate AK

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
        GL, hi!!
        TS hi , play moar non-zoom tables so i can stalkz lulz umbup:

Comment

I would eazy fold if it would be shorter stack (>90BB) i would ship it because sorter play looser. Also at these stakes people very often then the have opotunaty 4bet pushes all in hands like JJ-KK AK and with AA geting more tricky and bets smaler.
          Last edited by A Beatmaker; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Beatmaker View Post
            I would eazy fold if it would be shorter stack (>90BB) i would ship it because sorter play looser. Also at these stakes people very often then the have opotunaty 4bet pushes all in hands like JJ-KK AK and with AA geting more tricky and bets smaler.
            yez u haz tru, but in these stakes i ve seen everything, i ve seen both... even slowplaying AA even pushing it preflop vs. smallraise... there are all types of players, and u never know which u r facing now, unless u played with him before.... but i mostly in 99% situations am always facing new players in zoom who do dis to me

Comment

Thoughts on AK in general You would probably be unnecessarily flipping for your stack, UTG should be 4betting his high pocket pairs and AK(s)+. Lower aces may probably fold to a 3bet but then again opponents are pretty unpredictable in micros . Some people may have reshoved this if you feel like gambling but you are usually always on the negative side of a flip (43% to 57% vs most overpairs from 10s-Qs) and drawing super thin to AA and KK. The thing about AK is it usually has equity, and because it has blockers for the ace and the king, it makes it even more unlikely that your opponent has aces or kings. However, this hand generally has more value in tournaments, mostly due to fold equity- but in cash games it'll probably lose value, particularly to a UTG open. All in all, your 3bet fold is fine, it may be a little leak but good play nonetheless. umbup: Good luck at the tables

Comment

I think this is a decent fold readless. UTG's opening range should be pretty tight, so your 3Betting range from MP should be pretty strong. For the UTG raiser to come back over the top, he's clearly not too worried about playing for his stack.

I don't think 5Bet shoving can be terrible, but you're pretty much always going to be behind unless you know that villain is a bit of a maniac that might play stuff like JTs like this.

There are much better spots to try and take advantage of at 2NL other than this.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.