PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - facing massive river bet w/ top 2 pair.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - facing massive river bet w/ top 2 pair.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. MP: $23.30 (233 bb) CO: $24.50 (245 bb) BTN: $20 (200 bb) Hero (SB): $12.86 (128.6 bb) BB: $25.47 (254.7 bb) Preflop: Hero is SB with J K MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30 Flop: ($1.30) 5 2 K (3 players) Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60, MP folds Turn: ($2.50) 6 (2 players) Hero checks, BB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90 River: ($6.30) J (2 players) Hero checks, BB bets $6, Hero calls $6 Results:

$18.30 pot ($0.82 rake) Final Board: 5 2 K 6 J Hero mucked J K and lost (-$8.92 net) BB showed 6 6 and won $17.48 ($8.56 net) [/spoiler] No reads on villain, shaping up to be tag. Didn't really think through this hand was more like, got top 2 pair, not folding lol. I would expect villain to be more aggressive because its blind vs blind. Dont think he has AK here cuz of bet sizing, think he either has missed flush, 34 or 55, 22, 66.

*Moved to analysis section* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think you should bet bigger otf ($0.80+)

No idea why we are x/calling turn. More draws came in and i'd expect him to check back with a lot of hands that we are vulnerable against.

I also think we should bet/fold river. It just gives us better information to work on.

As played I think we should call since our range looks capped.

Comment

In a multiway pot I feel people will be less likely to start barreling off on weaker hands, draws or bluffs so I think that both either betting or x/c turn will be fine plays as we still have so much equity. I prefer betting as a default which allows us to valuebet river for halfpot and fold to a raise.

Considering the dry flop texture and the fact that we already have clubs it is less likely for villain to get to the river with a hand that needs to bluff here. As villain's range that gets to the river should be pretty strong (sets, backdoor flushes) on average I would strongly consider check/folding river as played.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.