PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max. Overpair with gutshot to a straight in 3way 3bet pot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM 6-max. Overpair with gutshot to a straight in 3way 3bet pot.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com BTN: 159.7 BB (VPIP: 22.30, PFR: 16.55, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 142) SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.96, PFR: 20.43, 3Bet Preflop: 9.20, Hands: 244) BB: 106.9 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4) Hero (UTG): 174.2 BB MP: 130.9 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17) CO: 278.1 BB (VPIP: 19.90, PFR: 15.71, 3Bet Preflop: 1.41, Hands: 196) BTN look strong when he 3bet vs my UTG open. No clues on BB. Decided to set-mine here given the odds and we were 150BB deep. Not sure if raising flop would be good here? Seems fairly possible to rep a set and fold out some OPs. But I would be pot committed OTT and would be awkard if we don't improves unless we intent to JAM anycard OTT.
    Last edited by MaTaKazer; Sat Feb 08, 2014, 04:00 PM.

would have played it the same. Turning an overpair into a bluff by trying to rep a set OTF seems a bit ambitious imo and if the money goes allin with our hand unimproved we cant be to happy as you pointed out.

The only reason why I might think about raising as well here is the flop betsizing of the PF 3-bettor. It looks a bit weak. I think many villains bet more than half pot on this superwet board with an overpair even in a 3bet pot. So that does make raising the flop a bit more profitable imo, since the villain1 is more likely to cbet light with some overcards since of his betsizing and you can make him fold his overcards-equity.

But I like your line here, lets see what the others say.

Comment

Think you played it fine tbh.

I could also see merits to x/raising the flop given Villain_3 called the half pot cbet.

Comment

Your line would be my standard here, too.

With deeper stacks and another guy involved I think flatting here is best. On the flop you could turn your hand into a semibluff as the board hits your perceived range pretty well and your implied odds aren't that great and reverse implied odds could be big hitting a J or a T anywhere (especially diamonds) on the later streets.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.