PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6maxZ - hand #2 playing bingo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6maxZ - hand #2 playing bingo

Hi,

#2:

Are we making loose bingo calls because when in the low micro pool things look fishy? And if we don't look people up we will never know what is going on and give up before showdown so our red line goes through the floor?

Tweet note:
    Modern game #2, 5NLz x1 / shorty utg +1 55 open shove 40bb < my AJs

Written after showdown to get the boom link. No hud, so only read is villain was playing 1 zoom tables at 5NL.

Here my thinking was a bit different after @xflixx MTT TCOOP training. There was a discussion on calling with 88 to a 20bb shove.

In my head I don't have a financial equity number for the hand strength in big blinds. So saw a shorty about 40bb and guessed "well that's not QQ+, maybe worse Ace than me or smaller pocket pair than 88"?

Again is this bad calling off 40 bigs with a reasonable equity hand?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Feb 06, 2014, 08:33 AM. Reason: typo

You have to call $2.02 to win $2.07, so you're getting 1:02:1, or you have to have 49.4% equity to break even.

You have to give villain a pretty wide range to make this call profitable, simply because you're behind all pocket pairs and are crushed by AK/AQ.

The most reasonable range you can profitably call against is all PPs, A8s+, ATo+, KQo and all suited broadways. This is a pretty wide open-shoving range and I wouldn't make the call unless I'd seen him do this before with trash and knew he was a maniac.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.