PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - Large multiway pot with QQ squeeze, flop line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - Large multiway pot with QQ squeeze, flop line?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb) UTG: $10 (100 bb) MP: $18.38 (183.8 bb) CO: $27.10 (271 bb) BTN: $26.16 (261.6 bb) SB: $8.52 (85.2 bb) Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG folds, BTN calls $1.20, SB calls $1.20 Flop: ($4.92) 2 K K (3 players) SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks Turn: ($4.92) 3 (3 players) SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BTN folds River: ($6.52) 8 (2 players) SB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90 Results:

$10.32 pot ($0.46 rake) Final Board: 2 K K 3 8 Hero showed Q Q and won $9.86 ($5.64 net) SB showed 6 6 and lost (-$4.22 net) [/spoiler] Should this board be a c-bet? I nitted out here and checked with the intention of putting in a delayed cbet, which I would do some of the time if I had AK. SB is pretty fishy 53/7, not sure about my river call there but his turn bet seemed really weak and I didnt think he had the king, guess he might have hit his flush on the river. Another thing I am not so sure about is the size of the squeeze, I think I should have made it larger to $1.80-$2.

Hi pockettones,

I think yes. This is a spot where I think I prefer to cbet the flop because we are OOP against two opponents in a 3bet pot and the fact that no one 3bet preflop makes it less likely that they have AK combined with the fact that there are two Kings on board. However, I don't want to give a free card to two opponents with two clubs on board and I don't want to risk getting bluffed here. I think we can still get called by worse when we cbet the flop from hands like JJ/TT/99 and FDs. 3bet size I think is good. To call the river we need to be good ~ 20% of the time, I think when they bet the 3rd club that small it might be a thin value bet with Kx or a blocking bet with some PP. So we have to think about our opponents tendencies when we decide to call or fold taking into account that they lay us a good price to call when we have > 20% equity against their river bet range.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.