PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NlSH - checkraised on dry board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NlSH - checkraised on dry board

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. MP: $12.40 (124 bb) Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb) BTN: $23.92 (239.2 bb) SB: $20.19 (201.9 bb) BB: $8.89 (88.9 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with T T MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds Flop: ($0.80) 5 3 J (2 players) SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.70 Turn: ($3.00) 9 (2 players) SB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40 River: ($5.80) 8 (2 players) SB bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10 Results:

$12 pot ($0.54 rake) Final Board: 5 3 J 9 8 Hero mucked T T and lost (-$5.92 net) SB showed 9 9 and won $11.46 ($5.54 net) [/spoiler] Villain seems reggy 18/15, very aggressive with AF of 7.0 over 120 hands. I put him on bluff as I can barrel this board very wide so he can c/r bluff here a lot an d expect me to fold. I opt to call and bluff catch - I am somewhat tilted at this point and know the river was a definite fold but wanted to see what he had. I am not sure if I should have folded the turn. If I think he has a bluff here is it better to 4bet my TT small as a bluff here? An unrelated question, is it possible to edit the title? I missed out on mentioning limit and also was a bit vague.
    Last edited by pockettones; Wed Feb 05, 2014, 09:18 PM.

I don't expect a tighter reg to be messing around too much on a dry board like that. Of course he could be turning some small pairs or overcards into bluffs but his sizings actually don't look too bluffy to me after the flop. So as played I would fold the turn and not really worry about getting bluffed too much. You will have a lot of strong Jx, overpairs and sets in your range to continue past the turn, so there's no real need to continue with an underpair.

Given the dry nature of the flop I actually think that checking back is a decent option as there will be only a few worse hands calling the c-bet or even be able to give you more than 1 street of value.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.