PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max. AQ vs fishy player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM 6-max. AQ vs fishy player

Villain has fishy stats though over a small 19 hands. 42/42/22 I didn't 3B as I don't think there is any fold equity against fishy players + I don't get any additional info on their range against this type of player since they call so much. Went to X/R flop and cbet turn to get value from A/x hands which is very typical of villain range, +FDs. OTR I check as I am contented with the pot and don't think I can get any more value from worst, also to give him a chance to bluff his busted FDs. Looking back, do villain bluff enough to justify the call? Any inputs on the line I look on the respective streets?

Against a weaker player like that I want to be 3-betting my AQ for value and build a bigger pot (them calling with trashy hands is a great result and you will have initiative on flops you both miss).

Check/raising flop can sometimes overplay a one pair hand as you're bloating the pot and making it easier for villain to play correctly against you in position. I would just check/call here as played to try and keep his range as wide as possible.

The problem through bloating the pot OTF is putting you in an akward riverspot where you actually want to be valuebetting or bluffcatching but it's tough to decide. At least you can sometimes hope to be taking down some of his busted straight/flushdraws, so I don't mind your river play.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.