PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Clear fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Clear fold?

Had a terrible session which lasted only 20 minutes before I had dropped an entire stack across the four tables I was playing, thought I'd throw up the biggest losers (basically the only losers that contributed to the loss!) and see if I'm playing -ev or just got unlucky. This hand I think I played correctly, but I was severely tempted to call on the river, despite only beating a bluff. Seems people are forever betting as soon as I check, which gets tilting sometimes. Is this always a fold? When wouldn't it be (what stats would I be looking for? AF?). No stats on this hand as again only got to play about 20 hands at each table before I decided to give it a rest.

not keen on the open unless both villains are huge nits/fold lots
    id prolly check the flop once called and try to get to showdown cheaply

the hud stat that might have significance is River Aggression Frequency, if they have a high % there over a decent sample it means they bet/raise most rivers

though on the river i think its a clear fold

Comment

Flop is a clear check back.

Comment

Hi Jameisus,

I think I like checking back. We are either ahead or behind here. There is little chance we get outdrawn here if we are ahead and our kicker is not great to compete with second pair. Betting this flop won't get Kx or Ax to fold but will fold out hands that we beat anyways and probably can't call a bet because they have little chance to improve. So I'd like to check back here and try to go to SD cheaply, maybe bet on a Q or J. This is a one street bet IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.