PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl fr AA nearly made a hero call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl fr AA nearly made a hero call

Was this a good fold on the river or not? I feel like this bet screamed value I think he probably had a full house. It took me ages to find the fold button. I very nearly made a hero call. Vllain 17/13/4
    Last edited by tonydolphin; Tue Feb 04, 2014, 09:17 PM.

Hi tony,

I call personally. I'm not sure what FH we have to worry about tbh... K2s but there's only 1 combo of that possible and it would require a 17/13 to defend preflop with K2. KK I'm sure 3-bets pre. 22 doesn't play this way much donking the turn. 99 doesn't check/overcall flop. I guess he can show us a FH but it seems fairly unlikely, so if there are hands he could plausibly play this way that I beat, I'm inclined to look him up.

AK - possible from a villain with a lower 3b%, OOP
    KdQd/KdJd/KdTd - these make sense
    K9s - 2 combos of this, also makes sense

We're losing to an improbable FH and A2s (2 combos), all of which may not choose this line some of the time (they may c/r turn or flop).

It's enough right there for me to give him a look.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
      Hi tony,

I call personally. I'm not sure what FH we have to worry about tbh... K2s but there's only 1 combo of that possible and it would require a 17/13 to defend preflop with K2. KK I'm sure 3-bets pre. 22 doesn't play this way much donking the turn. 99 doesn't check/overcall flop. I guess he can show us a FH but it seems fairly unlikely, so if there are hands he could plausibly play this way that I beat, I'm inclined to look him up.

AK - possible from a villain with a lower 3b%, OOP
      KdQd/KdJd/KdTd - these make sense
      K9s - 2 combos of this, also makes sense

We're losing to an improbable FH and A2s (2 combos), all of which may not choose this line some of the time (they may c/r turn or flop).

It's enough right there for me to give him a look.
      Interesting to hear that you would call here. It's really a tough spot without any reads. Would villain really donk out turn with kdxd hands and continue on with river which would only get called by better? K9s hands are very possible, which which i think is the only hand we beat though.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.