PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-Max Zoom: I Played Right, no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-Max Zoom: I Played Right, no?

Thought Process:

I had TT. The flop was dry, which is 9H, 8C, 5H.

It did not really scared me. However, when 6H showed up on the Turn, it did scared me. Nevertheless, I had the position. MP checks so I bet to represent my overall strength. He called (<= this is where I had to re-evaluate my hand strength and decided to fold on the river). Still, the MP checked again on the river, so I limped. This was the right play, no?

BB: 50 BB (VPIP: 18.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 60)
    UTG: 112 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
    MP: 249 BB (VPIP: 19.05, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 63)
    Hero (CO): 373 BB
    BTN: 46.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 12)
    SB: 69 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: 8:club: 5:heart:
    MP checks, Hero bets 14.5 BB, MP calls 14.5 BB

Turn: (48.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
    MP checks, Hero bets 24 BB, MP calls 24 BB

River: (96.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
    MP checks, Hero checks

I like your preflop and flop play in that hand, OTT I would tend to check back as I can't really see worse hands calling here anymore. The turncard is a scary one to many 1 pair hands as it makes both straights, flushes and two pair so I would check it back and try to get there on the river or check behind against weaker pairs. Also if you bet here and get raised it will put you in a very tough spot with just the T high flushdraw and gutter to a straight. You may still have outs against a lot of villain's hands but you also have reverse implied odds against his continuing range OTT.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.