PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-Max Zoom: SB checks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-Max Zoom: SB checks

My Thought Process:

Should I have check on the Turn or weak bet?
    Clearly, I won the hand and I impatiently bet high to increase the pot. However, it caused SB to fold.
    In this case, is calling a small bet or check a better choice (so SB might bet some on the river)?

MP: 96 BB
    CO: 39.5 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
    BTN: 114.5 BB (VPIP: 30.67, PFR: 5.33, 3Bet Preflop: 2.70, Hands: 150)
    SB: 50 BB (VPIP: 28.00, PFR: 8.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 50)
    Hero (BB): 375 BB
    UTG: 15.5 BB (VPIP: 32.56, PFR: 2.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 43)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 3.5 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (13 BB, 3 players) 3:club: K:diamond: 9:diamond:
    SB bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB, fold

Turn: (39 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
    SB checks, Hero bets 13.5 BB, fold,

With Villain only starting the hand with 50bb I think checking might be a decent idea. I like betting and fastplay of strong hands but in this rare case an argument can be made against it as SB may check/fold a lot now given his short stack. That being said there is also an argument for fastplaying your strong draw OTF as you have so much equity and foldequity on your side plus you don't risk that much getting money in with the short SB.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.