PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 of hearts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 of hearts

villain unknown... I think I should shove on turn but his raise on flop looked like a nut flush draw to me... should I still shove the turn?

and 67 of hearts trying to mix it up with suited connectors but... was this horrible play? I have straight and flush draws... I mean I was at the end of session pretty small stack and 40% chance seemed good enough for me...

Comment

Hey pekmansick,

I think you played both hands fine. There are ofc alternative lines you could take, but neither will be specifically bad as you have such an equitable hand on the flop each time.

In the 98s I would consider 3-betting the flop for several reasons, most prominent being your strong equity even against better hands OTF and adding some folding equity into the mix. Folding out other draws isn't a bad result here. Also you're OOP and pair will most likely not have enough showdown value up until the river unless you improve to 2 pair+. Your flush outs are usually obvious to an opponent with a better hand so your implied odds by just calling are additionally diminished OOP.

Folding river seems the best option now as played, so still nice hand.

In 76s I wouldn't play it any different, as your equity is even better here and your implied odds worse.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.