PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - Bluffcatch failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - Bluffcatch failed

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $11.80 (118 bb) SB: $11.61 (116.1 bb) BB: $10.02 (100.2 bb) Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb) MP: $9.13 (91.3 bb) CO: $11.47 (114.7 bb) Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 5 Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, 4 folds Flop: ($0.75) K 3 4 (2 players) Hero bets $0.40, MP raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40 Turn: ($2.35) 7 (2 players) Hero checks, MP bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70 River: ($5.75) 8 (2 players) Hero checks, MP bets $6.33, Hero calls $6.33 Results:

$18.41 pot ($0.83 rake) Final Board: K 3 4 7 8 Hero showed 5 5 and lost (-$9.13 net) MP showed 7 5 and won $17.58 ($8.45 net) [/spoiler] Villain is 39/11, plays 2 tables, quite fishy but little info on player tendencies. I think he can reraise this flop quite light as I will cbet it with my entire range, I think at this stage he has a low pair or straight or flush draw. I know this river is a standard fold with my hand, as 56 completed and am crushed by any value hand, but my gut feeling was he had a flush or something really airy and wanted a fold, given I had checked turn and river I would expect a smaller bet for value as I look so weak here.
    Last edited by pockettones; Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:19 PM.

As a standard play I would just fold 55 here. The hand is just not strong enough to continue as even against most hands that he may bluff/semibluff can have tons of outs against 55 (flushdraws, A2, 76 etc.) and you will not be able to find a decent line to get to showdown without maybe paying off hidden outs.

OTT you do pick up a gutter but that doesn't really help our cause as our implied odds for rivering a 5 or a straight will most likely be diminished and we also suffer from reverse implied odds if a club hits (villain can be playing a flushdraw like this).
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.