PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 SH - Reraised on flop with AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 SH - Reraised on flop with AA

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. UTG: $13.98 (139.8 bb) MP: $6.60 (66 bb) Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb) BTN: $7.44 (74.4 bb) SB: $5.45 (54.5 bb) BB: $10 (100 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with A A 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds Flop: ($0.75) K T 9 (2 players) Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.20, BTN calls $3.70 Turn: ($11.15) A (2 players) Hero bets $4.50 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.94 River: ($15.03) T (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$15.03 pot ($0.68 rake) Final Board: K T 9 A T Hero showed A A and won $14.35 ($6.91 net) BTN mucked 9 T and lost (-$7.44 net) [/spoiler] I don't think this was very well thought through. I 4bet to fold out draws but I guess he only calls with better, and vs QJ Im pretty much drawing dead. Better to call him down and fold to third river barrel?

I think it's too ambitious 3betting this flop. It smashes his calling range on the button and we are likely a dog against his range.

I would just call his flop raise and reevaluate OTT.

Once the A comes I would also just call and probably call most rivers.

Comment

Hi pockettones,

I prefer calling here too. The flop hits their range well and although we have AA its just one pair. We are beat against Sets, 2Pairs, and straights. It's also unlikely that villain has AK because they did not 3bet us preflop. The turn gives us trips which now beats his TT, 99 and two pair hands but only remain behind QJ in which case I think we have to go with it. We beat most of their range and can still draw to the nuts if they happen to have QJ.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.