PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJo SB vs BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJo SB vs BB

According to GTO snowie my play was optimal and the BB made a bad bet on the flop but was correct to call my flop x/r and then to call my all in on the turn.

I don't like Villain's c-bet, as it's not often getting called by worse and it's never folding out better.
    Obviously you're stacking off with the nuts. I suspect the reason it is theoretically OK for villain to call off with his pair plus draw is that you theoretically have flush draws in your check-raising range, so QJ actually has some equity against your range as a whole, and a fairly good price to call.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
      I don't like Villain's c-bet, as it's not often getting called by worse and it's never folding out better.
      Obviously you're stacking off with the nuts. I suspect the reason it is theoretically OK for villain to call off with his pair plus draw is that you theoretically have flush draws in your check-raising range, so QJ actually has some equity against your range as a whole, and a fairly good price to call.
      That makes sense actually as nearly all the flush draws i betted i was told to check, so i guess i would of been told to raise if he bet. This is all to confusing i prefer what ive all ready been taught.

Comment

First off all, vnh and well played.

Villain made several mistakes here imo, starting with his 3-bet pre which is way too small giving your range the optimal price to continue and his hand being weak/vulnerable/easily dominated.

Calling your flop x/r is correct from his point (although its questionable whether betting is in the first place, he cant really get called by too much worse) given the equity he has even against many better hands of yours (2 pair, sets).

Turn I think should be a fold, can only imagine that he has close to enough equity against a range that contains enough bluffs (which I don#t really see here in practice haha).
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.