PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL hold em- Raise or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL hold em- Raise or not?

I know it´s a cooler, but maybe just call better on the river? Hard to get called by worse..

I don't play fullring but never ever would I call behind here. The only reasonable hand that beats you is AA but it is very unlikely that he would flat call AA pre flop. ...Well and then there is quads, but how often does someone river quads when you make a full house? One in 500 maybe? You have to pay it off then.

Also he min raises the turn, so he feels super strong even without quads. I'm sure he would have played it the same way if he had pocket 33. I think you played it fine, nothing you can do.

Comment

Hi Amigo,

Firstly the open from UTG is kind of loose in full ring, but ok. I usually open it but I'm a 6-max player primarily, I think I saw frosty say he folds small/med pairs UTG a tough tables (ok 5NL = probably not a tough table, fair enough lol).

Anyway I would reraise the turn, and certainly am never avoiding a stack off on the river here. Don't let yourself be results oriented. AA is very unlikely since he didn't reraise preflop. 5c2c is equally as unlikely. We lose to 44. Hands we are beating, which he can show up with here and be stacking off: A4, 56s, club/club, 33. I think if you take your chances here, you'll be on the right end of it way more often than not.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I quess I have just been too much up against AA lately, but yeah, everything make sense

Comment

And yes, 5NL isn´t nearly tough enough to fold 77 UTG

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.