PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 6max Zoom - Bet or not on the River?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 6max Zoom - Bet or not on the River?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.34)
    SB ($2.20)
    BB ($5.49)
    Hero (UTG) ($7.43)
    MP ($3.02)
    CO ($4.32)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, K
    Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.35) 2, A, J (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, SB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.67) 10 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, SB calls $0.48

River: ($1.63) K (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero?

This hand is from NL5 6max Zoom.
    The villain is unknown, looks like he is a recreational player, because of his stack size. He x/c on flop and turn. Then Kh comes on the river and completes a possible flush draw.

So are we happy to bet on the river with our hand against this op or is it better to check behind? What do you think how often will we get a call from a worth hands on this board?

And how our decision will change if the opponent will have a full stack?
    Last edited by ImStylo; Sat Feb 01, 2014, 01:49 PM.

Hey ImStylo,

it's close OTR, I think in a regular table game I would be happy shoving this river for value and expect at least some 2 pair or even Ax calls. In Zoom people might actually fold these hands and only call with a straight or flush so I'm fine checking back unless you feel sueprconfident about villain being weak and passive enough to call off the rest.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.