PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6max Zoom - delayed check-raise ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6max Zoom - delayed check-raise ?

Villain(409) 22/17 2(AF) 8(3bet) 34(steal) 54(c-bet) Never know how to range when villains take this line. Does villain slowplays a set in a not that dry board? Is this a 55? If villain would want to bluff he probably would do it on the flop. Still, i fell i have to call at least a raise. He makes it big, wich sounds bluffy (maybe 34s)? In the river his semi-bluff gets there, but i feel i was behind on the turn. If i feel i'm behind on the turn do i fold my top pair there or is that to weak?

Bet flop, bet-fold turn. It's a classic Baluga theorem spot if you take that line.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I was not the last agressor. You want me to donk the flop?

Comment

Hi MrFlopes,

This is a kind of board that gets checked back some amount of the time I think as it provides less fold equity vs some combination of hands that call in the blinds. It's a tricky spot because we are putting assumptions on what villain knows but they could also be spazzing out with some random hand.

Villain's stats over 409 hand seem okay except his cbet stat is lower compared to the average player which makes me think they could check back flop with a hand like a weak Jx that cannot get 3 streets of value and will not be able to call a flop x/r. I think sets and overpairs are less likely to slow play this flop IMO. Small PPs, AK, AQ, A8 could check back this flop too. So I like betting the turn like you did as I think we can get called by weaker Jx, and PPs but his turn raise is really confusing. It screams 55 most of the time but that's just a small number of combinations if we think they might spew with a hand like KJ or 76 or just some random bluff. If we are calling the turn raise, I think we need to call the river bet too since it's practically a blank and we need to be good 30% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.