PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl flopped trips and a bad river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl flopped trips and a bad river

19/15 3b 9.1 raise flop 24 AFs(f/t/r) 4.4 / 2.5 / 1.25 wtsd 32 1k+ hands OTF didn't reraise him to let his bluffs fire again OTT, if has an over pair he's at least shutting down to a reraise and I don't want that. OTT he fires again pretty small (why?) Hoping that he hit his A that he bluffed the flop with I raise. OTR an A in his range makes much sense What could have been done better? maybe reraise the flop? Do you see anything else in his range? (oops thats 2nl)
    Last edited by Praydk; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 11:36 AM.

I think you played his hand well, I can't really pick on any spot I can criticise.

Villain has a 3Bet of 9.1 so you can expect him to 3Bet JJ-AA from the button as well as stuff like AQ+ and other holdings. Therefore when he raises the flop, I'd expect him to have a random A-high bluff and maybe some 9x or Tx. I'd never expect him to show up with an overpair. Therefore I like your idea of keeping in his bluffs as there aren't really any scary turns.

Your turn play is fine and this line leads me to believe that he has Ax as he would have folded his air by to your raise.

The river sucks and I think it's a good check/fold. You might sometimes be a chop with Tx but this isn't a big deal.

Comment

Working...
    X