PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

top pair with decent kicker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top pair with decent kicker

do you think my sizes are fine? and what about the river its beter to bet and fold to a raise? the villian is a 58 vpip and 0 pfr trough 20 hands

Hi scarface763,

Small sample of stats but I'd go with "passive" with 0% pfr the villain possibly is a calling station.

As played I'd maybe bet turn a bit more than 1/2 pot and on the river bet fold. Personally I don't like doing river bet folds in this situation without good history.

I think a pair that calls and hits a set pre flop, even a passive player, will raise the turn? So now excluding sets I'm thinking 88 got there. But at these stakes basically any Q9s+ is calling pre and will call you down AQ or 2 pair.

I'm so bad at hand reading never had them on 66. Actually you may not even be raised on the river (if you had bet it) by this player when they hit their set.

PS.

Just had another tank on this at 1c/2c. Saving money on a calling station by not betting turn! Our 1 pair hand has only 1 or 2 streets of value. May get a free card and also improve. Bet fold to a raise on the river.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 04:09 AM. Reason: PS

Comment

Just bet/fold the river, as you were thinking about doing. You'll usually get value from not only a worse queen but possibly 2nd/3rd pair as well. As played, check-call seems fine but I don't think that you can expect a 5x/0 to bluff the river very often so I'd just keep doing the betting myself.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.