PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom KQo xr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom KQo xr

Hi, villain is unknown. I don't know why but at teh time of the hand I classified him as a TAG/NIT. But I don't know where I got this from since I only have 2 hands on him lol. Since I thought he was a TAG I just folded here. Against an unknown I guess we should call the flop raise even though was big. But I don't really know what he's representing here to tell the truth. Cheers!

When tagging people in Zoom if the table is about to change you can miss click and tag another guy. This happens to me from time to time. But you have decide either the guy is a TAG or a NIT. What is this TAG/NIT tagging?

In the hand, i call the raise and re-evaluate the turn. The hand is too strong i think to fold to just one raise.

Comment

Hi! I preflop its okay for me, on the flop i think you should be betting smaller, because its dry and there arent many worse hands that can call that big of a bet. Once this player raises up to this big bet i would give up, maybe id reconsider if im holding AK.

Comment

In the cut-off to blinds, I've had people check raise me on a dry board like this one with with all sorts of stuff from complete air, to lesser pairs, to the same pair with better/lesser kicker, to sets. Although I try not to play deep-stacked, so more often than not KQ's usually ahead of most of the check-raisers' ranges? Like since you guys are so deep-stacked, would someone who's got a set also play this way to try to get the money in the middle, since your bet was kind of big? Not sure since I don't play deep stacked too often Nice 145bb stack there fp_boss!! umbup:
        Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Folding here so far up in our range is pretty bad.

Comment

People in this thread have all made some valid and good points. I really wouldn't be concerned about my range play in this spot though...especially in zoom and at these levels, it's not like you're going to be exploited because the situation where you Cbet a K-high, dry board against the same villain and fold to a check-raise isn't really going to come up that much

Anyways, as played it's a tough decision. My instince was just to fold flop and I think that's fine just because we're a bit deep and not only do players not really bluff check-raise on K high flops in general, they usually do it even less when deep I think. However, I also think that there certainly could be worse kings in the villain's value range so calling flop and re-evaluating turn seems alright too. The problem is that even if they do c/r a worse king here, are we prepared to call another barrel and possibly river bet as well? Again, I think it's fine call + re-eval but usually in these spots I just say w/e, note the villain and take the lower variance fold...

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.