PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom AKo

Hi, villain are unknown. How to play this post flop ? I mean, I'm not super happy about c-betting this flop but I guess it better than checking. After he calls, should we give up on the turn ? In which spots should be barrel AK on 3B pots w/ A high ? General questions, but I think the answer is not often and usually on dry boards against villains that can fold. Cheers!

Hi fp!

What range would you put the unknown villain on? He raised utg and called your 3b. Imo, his range will be pretty strong including a lot of pairs, AK, AQ and perhaps a few other hands like KQs. In other words, the Q on the flop is more likely to have helped the villain. You missed and are out of position. If you c-bet here you are basically turning your hand into a semi-bluff since you dont have too many outs to improve. You would most likely be folding to a raise on the flop. So, rather than bet-folding, I prefer to check the flop. Your hand does have potential still. By checking the villain may check behind, and you can consider calling a half pot bet then reevaluating on the turn.

Roland GTX

Comment

When to cbet with AK will depend on the villain, positions, stacks and board texture.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.