PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

river bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river bet

Villain is unknown... I just want some opinions on my river bet... here is how I was thinking on flop I have flush draw and I bet he raise me ... I don't want to give up cause it's a min raise... if he betted more I would... on turn I hit my ace high flush... and bet half pot again... he calls and now I know he have a strong hand (set, straight or a lower flush) when river came and I see board doesn't pair and that I have best hand I bet pot size in order him to think I don't want him to call... good thing he did with his set... does this make any sense?

now when I think of it... I'm little surprised he did called my river bet with all that straight and flush possibility...
    guess it's hard to fold top set

Comment

*Moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks man... realized I put it in wrong section...

Comment

I like how you played it, i think at 2NL vs a random player you should value bet big every time you get the chance.

Comment

Nice hand, well played.

We have so much equity on the flop even against better since we hold the nutdraw that we can't fold and should actually even think about getting more money in OTF sometimes. However, coming over the top on a coordinated board at stakes where people do not like to fold hands and given that you have position I prefer calling too.
            Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.