PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 nl fr overpair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 nl fr overpair

Did I play this alright? Villain 24/4/0 over 42 hands

I check the river to a 24/4 opening from UTG. Villain has an overpair most of the time, more KK, AA than JJ. The line he takes seems an overpair scared of the spades and of getting raised. Maybe bet smaller (1.20) to get calls from JJ or A10s, but i prefer to check it back.
    Last edited by MrFlopes; Wed Jan 29, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hi tony,

Very limited read, but the guy seems to lean towards loose/passive. I like the turn bet, would even size a bit bigger here, as AK with a spade is check/calling (it's a good turn to barrel but passive guys don't semi-bluff much, they call with draws). I tend to agree with the river being a check down... I love to value bet thinly but this seems too thin against a passive guy. It's interesting because against a more aggressive opponent it's a clear value bet and not even thin imo. The key difference being a more aggressive player is barreling AA/KK/TT a lot here, where as like MrFlopes says, a passive guy will often slip directly into check/call mode when the board gets even remotely scary (and they are always scared by flushes being possible), so we can't really take AA/KK or even TT out of his range imo. If he calls with all those that's 15 combos beating us, and 4 we beat (JJ)... if he goes to check/call mode with these hands even half the time it's too thin to bet the river. We need him to be raising AT UTG pre, or be wiling to call down with 99 before we can start to get close here.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.